On Monday, the 2024 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series officially began with the 40 qualified drivers taking on their first challenge: Free Agency.
Once more, 20 teams are lined up this year, many familiar ones returning, but six brand new ones ready to take on the grueling 18-race season with a pair from the selection of the best eNASCAR drivers in the world.
Each team was tasked with signing two drivers for the 2024 season to compete not only for a driver’s title, but also the coveted Team Championship at year’s end. Teams such as Virtual Racing School, 23XI Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Team Dillon Esports have previously won that distinction.
Returning in 2024, you’ll find the usual suspects. 23XI Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing, JR Motorsports, RFK Racing, and Front Row Motorsports all have returned this season, all five of which also field real-world cars in the top levels of NASCAR on Sundays and Saturdays. Also, the Formula 1 garage is once again represented by Williams Esports.
Letarte eSports by Steve Letarte, Team Dillon Esports by Austin Dillon, eRacr by Parker Kligerman and Landon Cassill, fgrAccel eRacing with Joe Graf Jr, and of course, William Byron eSports with William Byron, will also return this season, those teams all curated by NASCAR drivers and personalities. Don’t forget Tony Kanaan’s Kanaan Esports, a huge supporter of sim racing who also has an Indy 500 to his name, among other accolades.
We also have both the Kansas City Pioneers and Pittsburgh Knights returning in 2024, two of our official eSport teams that also compete among other titles outside of iRacing.
Our six new teams will span all three of those categories.
- Spire Motorsports, a team that competes mostly in the NASCAR Cup Series but also runs part-time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, will now also have a seat in eNASCAR. This year, the team will have Carson Hocevar and Zane Smith running full-time in Cup alongside Corey Lajoie.
- Kevin Harvick Inc. is an entity familiar with 2014 NASCAR Cup Series champion and recent full-time driver retiree, Kevin Harvick. KHI Management not only represents Harvick and his son, Keelan, but also other drivers, like Ricky Stenhouse Jr and Josh Berry, and other athletes across other sports.
- Nitro Circus Sim Racing Team has recently been getting involved in high level sim racing, competing in top level championships such as Off-Road, World of Outlaws and most recently, as a guest in IMSA Esports. Now, the Travis Pastrana-affiliated brand will be taking on eNASCAR in the upcoming season.
- M80 is a new esports organization formed at the beginning of 2023 by former XSET Co-Founder Marco Mereu. What began as a top-level Valorant team has evolved into some of the top teams competing in Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege, Counter Strike and Street Fighter. Now, they’re poised to take on top level eNASCAR competition.
- BS+COMPETITION is no stranger to sim racing esports. The Zebras are mainstays in many other top level sim racing series, including the Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup, Grand Prix Turn Racing iRacing Series and IMSA Esports Global Championship, among many other official series.
- OXYGEN Esports is Boston’s premier esports organization. The multi-titled esports organization from New England was founded in 2020 and operates out of Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts, competing in Overwatch, Call of Duty, Valorant, Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege, and Apex Legends competitions.
eNASCAR Free Agency officially wrapped up on Thursday, January 18th, and all 40 drivers on the 2024 roster will have found a home to compete for this season. The full results of Free Agency will be released early next week.
The first points-paying race of the season is scheduled for Tuesday, February 13th, at Daytona International Speedway. Fans will be able to see the new driver and team pairings two weeks earlier in a Daytona Exhibition event.
Official 2024 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series teams:
- 23XI Racing
- fgrAccel eRacing
- Front Row Motorsports
- Joe Gibbs Racing
- JR Motorsports
- Kanaan Esports
- Kansas City Pioneers
- Kevin Harvick Inc.
- Letarte eSports
- Nitro Circus Sim Racing Team
- OXYGEN Esports
- Pittsburgh Knights
- RFK Racing
- Spire Motorsports
- Team Dillon Esports
- William Byron eSports
- Williams Esports
eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series broadcasts will stream live on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on eNASCAR.com/live and across iRacing social media channels.