The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series features NASCAR Cup Series drivers – past and present – competing virtually on the iRacing simulation platform using virtual NASCAR Cup Series cars on exact replicas of NASCAR’s most iconic tracks. The iRacing platform uses laser-scan technology to replicate each car and track from with millimeter accuracy to further enhance the simulation experience.
39 competitors will compete in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series GEICO 70 at the virtual Talladega Superspeedway, scheduled for April 26, 2020. The format will follow as such:
· Single-car qualifying will determine the grid for the GEICO 70 Main Event. Each driver will have two laps to set their quickest time.
· Top 10 in qualifying will be inverted.
· Top 3 drivers from Richmond Raceway (William Byron, Timmy Hill and Parker Kligerman) will start at the tail end of the field.
· The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series GEICO 70 will be a 70-lap race with cautions enabled.
- All 70 laps must be completed for the race to be deemed official.
- Three attempts at a Green-White-Checkered finish will be in play under the following circumstances:
> When the caution period is continued into the lap preceding the scheduled white flag lap of the advertised 70-lap race distance.
> If the yellow flag is displayed prior to the leader crossing the start/finish line before receiving the white flag in the advertised 70-lap race distance.
> NASCAR Overtime will not come into effect if the leader has crossed the start/finish line receiving the white flag.
· Each driver will receive one damage 'reset,' should they suffer damage througout the race.